Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

You are allowed to receive two $6,000 gifts in a year without

Customer Question
claiming that as income on...
You are allowed to receive two $6,000 gifts in a year without claiming that as income on your taxes, correct?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2010
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 7 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Customer

Generally you have no reporting requirement for receiving a gift from a US giftor. However, the giftor would need to report gifts in excess of $13K to any individual using form 709. If under $13K, there would be no reporting requirement. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent