How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You are allowed to receive two $6,000 gifts in a year without

Resolved Question:

You are allowed to receive two $6,000 gifts in a year without claiming that as income on your taxes, correct?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 7 years ago.

Generally you have no reporting requirement for receiving a gift from a US giftor. However, the giftor would need to report gifts in excess of $13K to any individual using form 709. If under $13K, there would be no reporting requirement. Please let me know if you have further questions.


Mark D
Mark D and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions