How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my son, who is a full time student, and did not work in

This answer was rated:

If my son, who is a full time student, and did not work in 2009 lives with me and I provide 100 support and tuition, can I claim him on my 2009 return as a dependant?

How old is your son?


Mark D
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

He is 25

Due to his age, the fact he was a full-time student does not matter. However, if he had no income and your provided more than half of his support, was not claimed on someone else's return, and was not filing a married filing joint return, you would be able to claim him. Please let me know if you have further questions.


Mark D
Mark D and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you