How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have paid $640 dollars as an expense reimbursement (hotel

Resolved Question:

I have paid $640 dollars as an expense reimbursement (hotel + flight) to a candidate who helped me in my business. He is not an employee nor a contractor. He is just a friend. Since he was helping in business once I had to take care of his expenses. Do I need to issue 1099-MISC for him?

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

Since this is reimbursement and not payment for services to him - you will not issue a Form 1099 MISC to your friend.




RD and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you