Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I earned a significant amount of money in New York over a period

Customer Question
of 10 years and decided...
I earned a significant amount of money in New York over a period of 10 years and decided to 'retire' at the age of 38 to pursue non money earning activites outside of the US. I therefore arranged for a pension to start when I was 39. I just received my first payment and the company has taxed me at a rate of 38%. Is this the right amount of tax? Is my liability all to federal tax? Is there any NY state liability?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

Hello scotlander,

Are you a US citizen now living abroad?

No. I am a UK tax payer, living outside the US. I am a former green card holder. I handed in my green card at the embassy and file taxes as a non-resident alien.

Thank you scotlander

I will put your question back on the open board to see if someone can assist with your question.

Relist: No answer yet.
Nobody seems interested...
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney