Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a consultant for a direct sales company. If I were to

Customer Question
I am a consultant for...
I am a consultant for a direct sales company. If I were to purchase product for my personal use only and for family at cost would I still need to file any kind of taxes? it would be a hobby but i would be making no profit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2010
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

If you would purchase product for personal use than you do not pay income tax on such purchase. If you carry on a hobby - than gain would be taxable but loss wil not be deductible.

You do have to pay tax on the income from direct sales company as a consultant.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)