Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What type of 1099 do I report payment of fees to executors

Customer Question
of an estate?...
What type of 1099 do I report payment of fees to executors of an estate?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
1/25/2010
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 7 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
estwh,

Unless the recipient is a professional fiduciary, you should report the amount in Box 3 under "other income". Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Great info. Can these be handwritten or do I need to buy the software to complete them. There are only 2.
They can be handwritten, although there are services online that will efile them for you for around $3-4 a piece.

Regards,

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent