How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I opened my own craft business in 09 and did not work for any

This answer was rated:

I opened my own craft business in 09 and did not work for any other employers. So I am wondering should I 1099 myself from my business so on my personal taxes I will have earned income?

You do not need to issue any form to yourself.

You simply report all your business income on the schedule C -

You will also report all your business expenses and calculate net business income on that schedule.

Your net business income is a subject of self-employment tax - calculated on the schedule SE -

These forms are added to your tax return - form 1040 -

Net business income is reported on the line 12.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What if I want to qualify for EIC? Or will I not because I am selfemployed now?

Yes - self-employment income is earned income and will qualify you for earned income credit.

To calculate the credit - use the schedule EIC -

Let me know if you need help with reporting.


Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you