How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29970
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i did not work in 2009, however i spent alot of money on medication

Resolved Question:

i did not work in 2009, however i spent alot of money on medication and mortgadge as well as my son who i take care of. i borrowed the money from friends and savings to do this this year i know i have in the past been able to file a tax return use my head of household and medical expenses to recieve a r efund can i still do this even though i did not work in 2009

andrew epstein
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.


if you did not work in 2009 and did not have any taxable income - your possible deductions will not make any good as they might only reduce your taxable income.

As your taxable income is zero - there is nothing to reduce and there likely will not be any tax benefits for you.


That is correct - you do not have to file a tax return - however you still may file even you did not have any income - but there will not be any refund.

Let me know if you need any help.


Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you