Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If the IRS files a lien against my business for back taxes,

Customer Question
can they also place a...
If the IRS files a lien against my business for back taxes, can they also place a lien against my home and other personal property?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
1/2/2010
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 7 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

If you are the owner or one of the owners of the business, then yes, the IRS can place liens and levies on your personal assets as well as your business assets. This would include liens on your personal property such as your home, and levies on any personal bank accounts which have your name and SS number listed as an owner.

If you enter in to an acceptable payment plan arrangement with the IRS, they will refrain from placing these liens or levies on your assets as long as you stay current with the agreed to payments.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer/p>

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant