Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the deadline for filing Federal Income Tax for 2006

and Georgia State Taxes for...
What is the deadline for filing Federal Income Tax for 2006 and Georgia State Taxes for 2006 if you are due a refund. I know there is a 3 year deadline for filing taxes and getting a refund. What I am not clear about is the filing deadline December 31, 2009 or April 15, 2010. An answer tonight would be appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year!
1/1/2010
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is no deadline to file a tax return.

The statute of limitation limits the time to claim a refund - it is generally three years starting with the date when the return was due.

For 2006 tax return which was due Apr 15, 2007 - the statute or limitation will run out of Apr 15, 2010.

So far - you still have time.

Let me know if you need any help.

Edited by LEV on 1/1/2010 at 2:49 AM EST
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor