How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29782
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to get proof that state tax lien from 1992 and

Resolved Question:

Is it possible to get proof that state tax lien from 1992 and 1993 were indeed paid? I found out this is showing up on my credit report
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.

You should either get proof of payment from your record (of from bank record - like canceled check) or request a proof of payment from your state Department of Revenue which reported the tax lien to the credit bureau.


Please be aware that paid tax debt still will be on your credit report - but should be marked as paid.

Let me know if you need any help.



Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you