Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Projected capitol gain rates projections

Customer Question
?...
Projected capitol gain rates projections ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2009
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Border,

What is your question?

Regards,

Mark D

As we work into the end of the year...and the Obama administrations push on changing much of the existing tax format ... consider tax rates on cap gains ... the sunset provisions allow for the cap gain rates to remain thru 2010...any changes at this point

have a large cap gain transaction which can be closed in Dec or Jan ... usual suggestion ... hold off till jan therefore deferring tax consequences accordingly...

yet with the uncertainty ... ???

Customer

There have been no changes yet, although most experts predict a 20% rate in 2011, but no changes in 2010. Here is a good article on the WSJ regarding this thinking. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Thanks so much! The article was well written and quite on point. Confirmed my research, a more direct confirmation.

Again, thank you for your help and for the article.

Customer/p>
Thank you!
Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent