RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
510454

I filed my year 2008 DC income tax return in March 2009. I

I filed my year 2008 DC income tax return in March 2009. I have a refund
of $1293.00 for the tax year 2008. I have been paying my DC taxes on a
quarterly basis. I have contated the DC Tax office several times and have
also resubmitted my 2008 year tax return but I have not received my refund
although it has been promised that I would receive it immediately after sending in a copy of my 2008 year DC Tax return. my e mail:[email protected]
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.
You can check the status of your refund online by logging in at the link below.

https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/individual/Ind_RefundStatus_Logon.jsp

This link will tell you if the system has your tax return on file and issues, if any, with the reufnd. You can than call the representative at the tax office to determine the cause of the delay.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The problem is that I have contacted the DC tax office that you suggest by telephone and was assured that I would get my refund immediately, but so far have received nothing.
the DC tax return was filed in the name of Stanley M. Sagara. I would like to have you contact the appropriate DC tax office to initiate my refund of $1292.00.
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.
Did you check the status online?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I chefcked on line as you suggested and did not get any instructions to check on my tax refund. I was referred toanother source which had nothing to do with tax refunds.
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.
We (on this website) provide answers/suggestions to resolve issues/questions that a person may have. We do not have access to your personal tax information and hence are unable to contact the department on your behalf.

Hence, I would suggest you to contact the department once again to get the answers. Infact the online refund status should also provide you some information on your refund.

Let me know if you have any question.