Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When you turn 65 do you get a reduction on city taxes

Customer Question
?...
When you turn 65 do you get a reduction on city taxes ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2009
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Can you tell me what city you live in and are you asking about property taxes or income tax on your earnings?

Edited by Anne on 12/1/2009 at 6:23 AM EST
I am talking about city taxes when you have a mortgage on a home, after you turn 65
From you description, it sounds like you are speaking about property taxes. If that's the case, then yes, you might get a reduction, but again, I'll need to know what city you live in, and whether you are speaking about the tax bill itself, or the property tax credit that is generated and sent in with your tax return,
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney