How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When you turn 65 do you get a reduction on city taxes

Customer Question

When you turn 65 do you get a reduction on city taxes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me what city you live in and are you asking about property taxes or income tax on your earnings?

Edited by Anne on 12/1/2009 at 6:23 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am talking about city taxes when you have a mortgage on a home, after you turn 65
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
From you description, it sounds like you are speaking about property taxes. If that's the case, then yes, you might get a reduction, but again, I'll need to know what city you live in, and whether you are speaking about the tax bill itself, or the property tax credit that is generated and sent in with your tax return,