Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I submitted my taxes for the last 6 years using H&R Tax Cut.

Customer Question
Last month my computer crashed...
I submitted my taxes for the last 6 years using H&R Tax Cut. Last month my computer crashed with no way to retrieve tax data. Is there a way to retrieve the data from Tax Cut or IRS in a format to repopulate Tax Cut? All filing was done using e file.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2009
Tax Professional: TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor replied 8 years ago
TaxMomNJ
TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor
Rfjohns, If you request a transcript from the IRS (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf), you will receive a print out of every line involved on your tax returns. You can manually recreate the files that way. You may also request copies (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf) but there is a $57 charge, as opposed to the transcript which is free. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
I was looking for a softcopy solution I had alread seen the IRS hardcopy solution
Rfjohns, I work for H&R Block and I know the offices do not receive copies of your tax return that you filed through the software at home. You can try calling the Tax Cut customer service line but I very much doubt they have copies of the return. Your best bet is to retrieve them through the IRS.
TaxMomNJ
TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor
TaxMomNJ
TaxMomNJ
TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor