How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxMomNJ Your Own Question
TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 245
Experience:  7 years experience with tax preparation company, over 500 hours of tax courses taken
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxMomNJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted my taxes for the last 6 years using H&R Tax Cut.

Resolved Question:

I submitted my taxes for the last 6 years using H&R Tax Cut. Last month my computer crashed with no way to retrieve tax data. Is there a way to retrieve the data from Tax Cut or IRS in a format to repopulate Tax Cut? All filing was done using e file.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxMomNJ replied 7 years ago.
Rfjohns, If you request a transcript from the IRS (, you will receive a print out of every line involved on your tax returns. You can manually recreate the files that way. You may also request copies ( but there is a $57 charge, as opposed to the transcript which is free. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was looking for a softcopy solution I had alread seen the IRS hardcopy solution
Expert:  TaxMomNJ replied 7 years ago.
Rfjohns, I work for H&R Block and I know the offices do not receive copies of your tax return that you filed through the software at home. You can try calling the Tax Cut customer service line but I very much doubt they have copies of the return. Your best bet is to retrieve them through the IRS.
TaxMomNJ and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you