How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JKCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5884
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
JKCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a suspended EFIn reinstated

Resolved Question:

How do I get a suspended EFIn reinstated
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. I assume you must be a fellow tax preparer. I actually had to do this myself recently, so I think I can help you.

Go to IRS e-services,,id=109646,00.html

Login to your account. Go to application. Then go to e-file Application. Click on your name/business. Then go through all the left side menu items and correct/update any old data. When you get to the last page "Application Summary", click on "Add Comments". Then what I did was I input a comment and asked the IRS to please reinstate my EFIN. It took about 2 weeks before they reinstated it but it worked.

Also, you could call them at the IRS e-help Desk,(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring hours of operation are 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time Monday through Friday.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Edited by JK_CPA on 11/9/2009 at 10:16 PM EST
JKCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions