How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iused ran out while I was waiting to

Resolved Question:

Iused ran out while I was waiting to hear back from them. Now I have to file a paper return.Where do you suggest I find the forms for 2008.Also will I be penalized or should I just file both next year?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.

You can obtain any 2008 tax forms and instructions that you need on the IRS website at

If you do not owe any tax with your 2008 return, then you will not be assessed any penalties for the late filing. If there is tax due that you still need to pay, then the IRS will also charge you interest and penalties for the late filing. The penalties and interest are assessed on a monthly basis, so the sooner you file the lower your penalties and interest would be.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you crhv

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you