How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Amy works as an auditor for a large major CPA firm. During

This answer was rated:

Amy works as an auditor for a large major CPA firm. During the months of September thru and November of each year, she is permanently assigned to the team auditing Garnet Corporation. As a result, every day she drives from her home to Garnet and returns home after work. Mileage is as follows:

Home to office 10
Home to Garnet 30
Office to Garnet 35

For these three months, Amy’s deductible mileage for each workday is:

1. 60.

2. None of the above.

3. 35.

4. 0.

5. 30.
Hello leyMo,

Since Amy has a regular work location at the CPA firm, her assignment at Garnet for 3 months is considered a temporary assignment, and she is allowed to deduct the miles from her home to the temporary assignement location, and the miles from the temp location back to her home.

So if the miles from her home to the temporary job assignement are 30 miles each way, she may deduct 60 miles each workday. Refer to page 14 of the following IRS publication under Temporary Work Location.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you leyMo

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you