How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need to file a Minnesota state income tax return if I

Resolved Question:

Do I need to file a Minnesota state income tax return if I live in Colorado and have farm rent from a farm in Minnesota?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. All nonresidents are taxed on income from Minnesota sources. If you received rent income from a farm your rent in Minnesota you must file a Minnesota nonresident tax return.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
According to what I found online there is a dollar threshold that you the income does not meet you are not required to file a Minnesota state income. I want to verify what that threshold amount is.
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
If you income from Minnesota is under $8,950 you do not have to file a Minnesota Tax Return. To read more about Minnesota's tax go to
Marvin,EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you