Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

How can I get a copy of my 2007 Form 1040, uincluding list

How can I get a copy of my 2007 Form 1040, uincluding list of income payments?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

The simplest way - if you were using any tax preparation service - to contact them and ask a copy.

If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return and all attachments (including Form W-2), you should complete Form 4506 , Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $57.00 fee for each tax year requested. Copies are generally available for returns filed in the current and past six years.

Most needs for tax return information can be met with a computer print-out of your return information called a "transcript". A "tax return transcript" will show most line items contained on the return as it was originally filed. If you need a statement of your tax account which shows changes that you or the IRS made after the original return was filed, however, you must request a "tax account transcript". Both transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years and are provided free of charge. The period in which you will receive the transcript varies from within ten to thirty business days from the time the IRS receives your request for the tax return or tax account transcript.

You can obtain a transcript by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNNand following the prompts in the recorded message or by completing and mailing Form 4506-T , Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to the address listed in the instructions.

Let me know if you need any help.