How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I already have a tax extension for 2008 taxes as 10/15/09.

Resolved Question:

I already have a tax extension for 2008 taxes as 10/15/09. I ended up in the hospital and now laid up at home. Can I get a further extension to allow me time to file 2008 taxes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 7 years ago.

There is only one 6 month extension allowed. Although there are a few exceptions (like deployed military), your situation would not warrant additional time per the IRS. Please let me know if you have further questions.


Mark D
Mark D and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you