Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I earn $37000 in 2010 what tax bracket do I fall into, and

Customer Question
how much will be withdrawn...
If I earn $37000 in 2010 what tax bracket do I fall into, and how much will be withdrawn from my month salary if I claim single, one exemption? I need to know the amount of my monly take home pay, before I can accept a job offer in Baltimore MD.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
HelloCustomer

The 2010 tax bracket rates have not yet been announced. The best I could do is to give you an estimate based on 2009 rates which would still be very close. Will rates based on the 2009 rates be sufficient for you?

Yes. An estimate based on 2009 rates would be sufficient. Thank you.
Hello againCustomer

If you plan to file as single with one exemption, this will be the approximate taxes that will be withheld on a salary of $37,000:

SS & Medicare taxes - $2,830
Federal income tax - $3,730
Maryland state income tax - $1,400

In addition, there is a local income earnings tax imposed by the cities and counties in Maryland, and that tax is based on the county where you live -- not the county where you work. That tax can range anywhere from 1.25% to 3.2%, but the average rate is actually closer to 3%. That being the case, you should probably plan on another $1,110 being withheld to cover your local earnings tax.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank youCustomerbr />
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant