How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company reverted back to the payroll checks that they used

Customer Question

My company reverted back to the payroll checks that they used five yrs ago.
As a result, none of my "year to date" figures match anylonger. It's as if someone guessed at the figures on this new Earning statement.

I have a spreadsheet mocking my Earnings Statement from EasyPay company.

Where as before under "Taxes and Deductions" it had:
FICA, FED WT and Il. St.

Now with ADP company
Under the "Deductions Statutory" it now has:
Federal income tax, Social Security, Medicare Tax and Il.St.

I would think that S/S and Medicare deductions would go under FICA.
And would Federal Income Tax, go under what was FED WT?

Who would need to correct the figures that are off if the company doesn't correct them?

Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 years ago.
The Medicare and Social Security withholding that you question would be the old FICA amounts shown on your prior statements. FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contribution Act and is sometimes still used on pay stubs to denote the amounts for SS and Medicare.
You are correct in your thinking about the Fed WT in relation to the now shown Fedral income tax portions of your withholding.
If you think the figures are not showing the correct amounts for your withholding then the first thing you need to do is contact your Human Resource Department. They will be able to advise on the reporting system and make any corrections that are neccesary.
Keep your pay stubs and if at the year's end your W2 info does not add up correctly you can request a correction from the company. If that does not work out and you still feel that the information is wrong then you can report the descrepancy to the IRS. You will need to report what you think was the correct amount of pay using IRS Form 4852, and the IRS will take longer to process your return as they will investigate the situation.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,
Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I accepted you answer and I thought that you where paid.
I don't undsrstand why you where not. I accepted the $15.00 slot.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how many times do I have to tell you I paid?