Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I claim 64,000 dollar loss on my daycare business if my

Customer Question
cliental has dropped causing me...
Can I claim 64,000 dollar loss on my daycare business if my cliental has dropped causing me to lose 64,000 $
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
10/1/2009
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Dear Athena -

You cannot claim the loss. You will just report less income during the year.
Thank you i appreciate this answer but if i gave away a million books could i claim that as a lost
Dear Athena -

You could be allowed a charitable deduction for the donation of the books. There are numerous variables involved in determining the amount of the deduction. I have provided a link to IRS Publication 526 Charitable Contributons, that fully explains the area.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf
MequonCPA
MequonCPA
MequonCPA