How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recieved a letter notice#CP-2100A that there was a discrepancy

Customer Question

I recieved a letter notice#CP-2100A that there was a discrepancy with 1099 tin information. I found and corrected the spelling of two names, and all other info is correct. Now where and to whom do I send it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Did this notice indicate you owed additional taxes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. Everything else is ok
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello again catz,

If you made the necessary corrections in the spelling of the names, that is all that is required. You do not need to submit any documentation to the IRS that you made the correction or update.

If you have any questions at all about the notice you received, you may call for assitance at the following IRS office:

The Information Reporting Program Customer Service Section (call site)
Toll Free Telephone...(866)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Hours...8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday EST

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you catz

Edited by Merlo on 9/28/2009 at 8:47 PM EST