How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a IRS 147C letter to submitt for our health centers

This answer was rated:

I need a IRS 147C letter to submitt for our health centers IACS request
can you get it for me?
Hello CV,

This site is not affiliated with the IRS so we have no direct means of getting your tax information. We can tell you how to apply for this if you would like help with that information.

We are an independent website with tax experts who can help with your tax questions, but we are not affiliated with the IRS.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is this process something i can do thru the irs website?
<p>No, it is not.</p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

then yes please help me thru this process, as i'm new to my position and this is my first

cost report by myself...

Did you receive a "B" notice?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

not that i'm avare of... the only thing i have recieved is that this letter is needed in order

to process my submittedd IAC"S request from CMS's ezxternal user services support center....sorry


Hello again CVsusan,

The only way to obtain IRS Letter 147C is by sending a written request to the IRS. This information cannot be requested on line or over the phone.

You must write to the service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned" . If you have it, you must enlcose a copy of any "B" notice you received.

If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a cover letter stating the circumstances of why you need this letter.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you CVsusan, and let me know if you have more questions.

Merlo and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you