Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Why do we pay tax on shipping and handling I ordered Pampered

Why do we pay tax...
Why do we pay tax on   shipping and handling? I ordered Pampered Chef products and I didn't used to pay tax on shipping and handling.
9/14/2009
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
HelloCustomer

Is this AZ sales tax you are referring to or another state?

It would be all states. I am a Pampered Chef Consultant and I also sell out of state. The order forms are designed for nationwide sales, and they all include shipping and handling to be taxed.
Additional information: The order form says that all states are taxed on tohis except AK DC DE IA ID IL MA MT NH OH OK OR UT AND WY
Every state has separate rules on what is taxable in their state. Some states tax S/H and others do not. Some states tax S/H if the charges are included in the price of the item, but not if they are stated separately on the invoice. There is no one generic answer to this question, as the rules are different for each state.
This has been a question no one could answer in its entirety. Thank you for putting it simply and clear. Now I will have an answer for my customers when they ask. I really appreciate your prompt response. This is an awesome website and Merle was great!
Hello again workinghard,

Thank you for the kind words. I hope this all works out for you.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant