How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2439
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i work out of my current resident state and my boss dosnt pay

Resolved Question:

i work out of my current resident state and my boss dosnt pay per diem but pays for the hotel. can i claim anything for food?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
Thank you for using justanswer. Since you are obviously working outside of your normal tax home (since you're staying in motels), and if this job will last for less than 1 year, then you may deduct up to 50% of your meals. See below:

Publication 463 (2008), Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses

You would claim this deduction on Form 2106Employee Business Expenses

I hope this helps
Anne and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you