How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need tax form for the years of 2007 and 2008 now do I go

Resolved Question:

I need tax form for the years of 2007 and 2008 now do I go about
getting them from your company.

Mr. Gilberto Laboy
[email protected]

Thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello Gilberto,

Do you need federal forms or forms for NY state?

Do you have access to a printer where you can print the forms, or do you need the forms mailed to you?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello again Gilberto,

You can provide proof of your income tax return for those years by requesting a copy of your Tax Transcript for those years. You can request a tax transcript by filling out Form 4506-T and mailing or faxing that form to the IRS. Here is a link to that form.

There is no charge for the transcripts and they generally take around 10 days to receive. The information is not available over the internet.

You may also call the IRS(NNN) NNN-NNNNto request a tax transcript for the years you need, and in most cases the transcripts can be faxed to you within 24 hours.

A tax transcript will not be an actual copy of your tax return, but it will be a computerized print out which shows all of the entries as they were filed on your return. Transcripts are acceptable as proof of income.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you Gilberto, and let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help you with whatever I can.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you