Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We purchased a home in November 2008 and applied/received the

Customer Question
$7500 Tax Credit/No Interest loan...
We purchased a home in November 2008 and applied/received the $7500 Tax Credit/No Interest loan from the IRS in our 2008 taxes. Since we purchased so close to 2009, is there any way to switch over to the $8000 Tax credit with no penalties that is available now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
9/1/2009
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Customer

Unfortunately, the determination for which First Time Homebuyer Credit a taxpayer qualifies for is based off of the closing escrow date. There is no way to change this to reflect the better credit. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D

Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent