How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I like to change my tax deduction from my Social Security payment. Could

Resolved Question:

I like to change my tax deduction from my Social Security payment.

Could you tell me what is the Form Number I have to fill out
to change the deduction?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

If you wish to change the amount of tax being held from your SS checks, you will need to fill out a new Form W-4V. Here is a link to that form with the instructions.

Once the form has been completed, you should mail it or drop it off in person to your local SS office.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank youCustomer and let me know if you have more questions.

Merlo and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you