Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

On Form 1120S, on line 19 other deductions, if a 50% share

Customer Question
On Form 1120S, on line...
On Form 1120S, on line 19 "other deductions," if a 50% shareholder owns the car, is only 30% of the car expenses (standard mileage or actual expenses) deductible? Why?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
8/12/2009
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Why do you state that only 30% of the car expenses is deductible?

If the vehicle is used 30% for business than only 30% of the actual expenses will be deducted.

Business miles will be deductible in full at the standard mileage rate. Either mileage or actual expenses are deductible. You cannot deduct both.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)