Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How many withholding allowances should I claim on my W4 (and

Customer Question
NY income tax) if making...
How many withholding allowances should I claim on my W4 (and NY income tax) if making around $160,000 and married with three children and renting.
Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
8/11/2009
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. If you only have one employer you should claim married with 4 allowances on your W4.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have only one employer but as a quick follow up is the 4 allowances suggestion for the W4 Federal AND the NY state taxes, or one or the other?
Also does this part of the email pertain to me "Your payment and bonus if any may be tax deductibl"?

I appreciate your timely response.
Best

Claiming married with 4 allowances on your W4 is for both Federal and state taxes.

Any expenses you paid for tax advice or tax preparation can be deducted on your tax return if you itemized.

Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent