How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2421
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had H&R block to my taxes this year and I need to get a copy

Customer Question

I had H&R block to my taxes this year and I need to get a copy of my return so my daughter can applie for a college loan. All of the H&R Block office are closed till next tax season. Are there a link I can go through the IRS to get a copy of this information for her FASFA application for college?

Thank you .
Johnny Randall and Wendee Kay Ball
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. You can get a copy of your 2008 tax return transcript by calling the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor sending by mail Form 4506T, to the IRS. It take about 3 weeks to receive the transcript by mail.
Expert:  Anne replied 7 years ago.
As a long time H&R Block employee (23 years) I can tell you that there is at least 1 office open year round near where you live. Normally when you call the phone number of the office where you had your return prepared, that call will "trunk over" and ring in to the office that is open. They should be able to "pull up" your return from the vault and get you a copy.