How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to obtain a copy of my IRS letter assigning my EIN number

Customer Question

I need to obtain a copy of my IRS letter assigning my EIN number to Homeseekers LLC
Tax ID 27-0020921

Can you please help?
Missy Corkern
314 Westmoreland Cicle
Batesville, MS 38606
[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello Agnus,

You must write to the Internal Revenue Service Center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned" . If you received a "B" notice, you should include a copy with your letter.

If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a cover letter stating the circumstances of why you need this letter.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you Angus.

Related Tax Questions