How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to obtain my sons current place of employment

This answer was rated:

Is it possible to obtain my sons current place of employment (possibly in Wyoming) and his tax return info (on only the amount he claimed to have made) as he is waaaaaaay behind on my grandbaby's child support in Minnesota? He and I are estranged due to this and I have been attempting to help the child and am running out of money to do so as I am fully disabled and on SS Disability. Thank you in advance.

The IRS will not release a tax return information without owner's consent.

There is no way you may obtain your son's tax information or his place of employment from the IRS without his permission.


You may try other ways - such as white pages, property registrations (house, car, etc)

You may use a private investigator - but that might be a little expensive for your situation.


To enforce a child support his ex-wife should contact Child Support Enforcement Division - - they have legal ways to locate the debtor and enforce payments.


Let me know if you need any help.


Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you