Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is it possible to obtain my sons current place of employment

(possibly in Wyoming) and his...
Is it possible to obtain my sons current place of employment (possibly in Wyoming) and his tax return info (on only the amount he claimed to have made) as he is waaaaaaay behind on my grandbaby's child support in Minnesota? He and I are estranged due to this and I have been attempting to help the child and am running out of money to do so as I am fully disabled and on SS Disability. Thank you in advance.
7/3/2009
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The IRS will not release a tax return information without owner's consent.

There is no way you may obtain your son's tax information or his place of employment from the IRS without his permission.

You may try other ways - such as white pages, property registrations (house, car, etc)

You may use a private investigator - but that might be a little expensive for your situation.

To enforce a child support his ex-wife should contact Child Support Enforcement Division - www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_000160 - they have legal ways to locate the debtor and enforce payments.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor