Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can a corporation get tax credit for the number of hours employees

volunteer in the community multiplied...
Can a corporation get tax credit for the number of hours employees volunteer in the community multiplied by a standard volunteer hourly rate( i.e. $20/hr)?
7/2/2009
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
HiCustomerbr />
Thank you for using justanswer. There is a credit for "pro bono" services, such as legal representation, use of meeting space, or publication design. Please see below for more details, but there is no credit in the sense that you were referring to.

giving forum : What Can I Give?

I hope this helps.

Please see below:

Just to clarify, are you saying that as a corporation (I am speaking as an employee of a $1.3B global manufacturer headquartered in WI) we could realize tax credits for employee volunteer time that would be considered "pro bono service" like legal representation or marketing services (ex. cited was brochure design)? The company could also claim tax credit for donated meeting space?

However, general volunteer time provided to nonprofits (physical labor, reading to children, mentoring, tutoring, food pantries, etc.) would NOT be eligible for tax credits - correct?
Yes, unfortunately, that is correct.
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer