How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my tax return on line but didnt keep a copy. I now

This answer was rated:

I filed my tax return on line but didn't keep a copy. I now need this information to fill out FASFA form for college grant. Is there anyway for me to retrieve or receive this information from IRS?
Hello Hunter,

If you used one of the on line services such as Turbo Tax or Tax Act, you can simply sign back in to your account on the internet and access your return and print off another copy. Once you sign in to your account, there will be an option usually at the top of the screen to print your returns. Select that option and then you can print another copy. This will be the fastest way for you to get a copy of your return. If you have forgotten your on line user ID or your password, you can call their customer support for assistance in obtaining that information.

If you need a copy of your return from the IRS, you need to fill out Form 4506. There is a $57 charge for each tax year return being requested and it can take up to 60 days to receive. That is why you will want to try the first option if at all possible.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you Hunter.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions