Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my tax return on line but didnt keep a copy. I now

I filed my tax return...
I filed my tax return on line but didn't keep a copy. I now need this information to fill out FASFA form for college grant. Is there anyway for me to retrieve or receive this information from IRS?
7/1/2009
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Hello Hunter,

If you used one of the on line services such as Turbo Tax or Tax Act, you can simply sign back in to your account on the internet and access your return and print off another copy. Once you sign in to your account, there will be an option usually at the top of the screen to print your returns. Select that option and then you can print another copy. This will be the fastest way for you to get a copy of your return. If you have forgotten your on line user ID or your password, you can call their customer support for assistance in obtaining that information.

If you need a copy of your return from the IRS, you need to fill out Form 4506. There is a $57 charge for each tax year return being requested and it can take up to 60 days to receive. That is why you will want to try the first option if at all possible.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you Hunter.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant