How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29577
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant find my 2008 w2. Is it possible to get it from the

Resolved Question:

I cant find my 2008 w2. Is it possible to get it from the website?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Only if your employer provided with online access to tax documents. You need to contact the HR person and ask for a website URL, user ID and password.

The IRS doesn't provide online access to tax documents.


the best way - is to contact your employer and ask for a copy.

if you filed your 2008 tax return - your tax preparer may also have a copy of your W2 form.

Also if you files your tax return - the IRS may provide you a copy of the return or a transcript - but that will take some time.


Let me know if you need any help.



Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you