Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

hello, i need to get my 2007 and 2008 1040 paper work for my

Customer Question
lawyer and sent to me...
hello, i need to get my 2007 and 2008 1040 paper work for my lawyer and sent to me ,how do i get them.I nedd them asp marilee owens
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
7/1/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Hello lucky,

The quickest way for you to get copies of your tax returns would be to get them from the person who prepared your taxes for those years. If that is not possible, you may get this information from the IRS, but this can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks depending on the exact information that you need. The information is not available over the internet, and must be processed by the IRS and mailed to you.

The IRS provides has two different types of documents they can provide to you.

1. A Tax Transcript - A Tax Transcript is not an actual copy of your tax return. But it is a line by line recap of what was reported on your return. In many cases, this is sufficient for what you need to accomplish. A Tax Transcript is free of charge and generally takes about two weeks to receive. You may request this by calling the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor by filling out Form 4506-T.

2. An actual copy of your tax return - To receive an actual copy of your tax return with all of the attachments, you would need to file Form 4506 with the IRS. There is a fee of $57 for each tax year copy being requested, and it takes up to 60 days to receive this information.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you lucky, and let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help you with whatever I can.

Relist: Other
im sorry but i dont need your help it wasnt what i was looking for marilee owens
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant