Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

File and 1040x on march 24th 2009, has not seen the return

Customer Question
yet? How long will it...
File and 1040x on march 24th 2009, has not seen the return yet? How long will it take to see our refund back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2009
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Normal processing time for Forms 1040X is 8 to 12 weeks from the IRS receipt date.

Generally, to claim a refund, Form 1040X must be filed within 3 years from the date of your original return or within 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later. Returns filed before the due date (without regard to extensions) are considered filed on the due date.

Based on your information - you should receive your refund soon.

You may verify the status of your refund by calling the IRS helpline 1-800-829-1040.

Be prepared to provide some information from your tax return for verification purposes.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
We have been contacting the IRS, and the only answer we got is to check back in a week and it has been three weeks we checked. They are not able to give us any answer. So i am not sure if we should wait or fliled another 1040x.

You may just walk-in to the local IRS office and talk with the representative.

Please find here - http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

Please verify if the IRS received your amended return.

Do not send another one unless you verify that.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor