Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can an HSA be used to fund an HRA My employees complain that

Customer Question
Can an HSA be used...
Can an HSA be used to fund an HRA? My employees complain that the turn around time for reimbursements from our HRA is too long (a couple of weeks). Can I fund an HSA for each employee that can be drawn upon as a "bridge" to tide an employee over until the reimbursement arrives?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
6/2/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
HelloCustomer

HSA funds cannot be used to fund an HRA account or to pay for any type of health insurance premiums, other than Cobra coverage.

I am amazed that your employees are complaining about a two week turn around time on their reimbursements. I recently worked for a company where the turn around time actually took anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks, so two weeks seems pretty reasonable in my mind.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank youCustomer and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant