Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
9313471

About 15 years ago I rolled my 401K plan over into a traditional

About 15 years ago I rolled my 401K plan over into a traditional IRA. Since then, I have never made any further contributions to this IRA. I am wondering what the tax and early withdrawal implications are if I were to liquidate this IRA now.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you are under 59 1/2 at the time of the withdrawal the early withdrawal penalty will be 10% of the amount withdrawal from the IRA. You must also report the total amount of the withdrawal on your federal income tax return.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will this amount that is withdrawn be considered taxable income?
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
The amount you withdrawal from your IRA is taxable income and must be reported on your federal tax return.