How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If Im considering getting an energy efficient product or system

This answer was rated:

If I'm considering getting an energy efficient product or system this year, are there specific items that will be eligible for a tax credit on my 2009 tax return?

Yes, there are a number of energy credits that have been reinstated for the 2009 and 2010 tax years.

The credit is equal to 30% of your cost on qualified energy improvements, up to a maximum credit of $1,500.

These credits cover qualifying improvements made to windows, doors, insulation, roofs, HVAC systems, and water heaters. I am giving you a link to Energy Star's website which shows in more detail the products that qualify for this credit.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you anne, and please let me know if you have more questions.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you