How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lost my tax forms. Can you send me a copy, please

Resolved Question:

I have lost my tax forms. Can you send me a copy, please?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Please specify which tax forms are you looking?

federal or state - specify your state..

for which year do you need tax forms?


If you are looking for the simple federal tax return - here is the form 1040EZ -


Let me know if you need other forms.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry, I need my forms that I get from my employer. I can do our taxes on line, but I can't find my part of what I need.
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Assuming that you meant W-2 or 1099misc forms?

These forms you may get only from your employer who issued the forms.

Some employers provide online access to tax forms - but in order to get access - you need to contact HR person and ask for the web link and password.

That is considered a private information and you will be able to get such information only after your identity would be verified.

Here are some online services that provide copies of tax forms;:

But again - you need to provide identity information that you would get from your HR person.


If you are not able to contact your employer - you may use Substitute for Form W-2

- that is the form 4852 -


Please also review this IRS article - What to Do If You Are Missing a W-2 -,,id=106470,00.html

Please let me know if you need any help.


Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you