How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i calim myself as an employee in my corporation for individual

Customer Question

can i calim myself as an employee in my corporation for individual tax return?and also pay compensation to myself under my corporation at the same time?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Shareholders who perform services for a corporation are treated as employees, and are paid wages subject to employment tax and other withholding.


Since wages are deductible by a corporation, the incentive exists to pay the highest wage possible to C corporation shareholders in order to avoid the double taxation that occurs with dividend distributions.