How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on Social Security but pay income taxes on that income.

Customer Question

I am on Social Security but pay income taxes on that income. Am I eligible for the recent tax cut?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello dconroy,

The tax cut only applies to earned wages and amounts to $400 per year for each taxpayer who has earned income. But to make up for at least part of that, the SSA recently issued checks of $250 to every SS recipient. That was your version of the tax cut that was put in place.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you dconroy.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you