How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I make 60,000 year. I do not own a home and my son is in college.

Resolved Question:

I make 60,000 year. I do not own a home and my son is in college. Should I claim zero or what to get the maxium amount of my income now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Claim zero on your W-4 will have the maximum amount withheld for federal income tax from your wages. Are you married or single? How many dependents do you have?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not married and I have only one child.
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
On you W-4 you should claim 3 exemptions. By claiming 3 exemptions you have the least amount of federal income tax withheld each pay period and you will owe no federal income tax when you file your tax return.
Marvin,EA and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you