Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i am on medicare disability and receive $740.48 a month i have

Customer Question
moved in with my parents...
i am on medicare disability and receive $740.48 a month i have moved in with my parents since jan 21 2009 and am going through divorce.
Since i have no money to pay for lawyer i am try to do it in the least way possible that will cause stalling time hence giving up alot to move forward,
if my dad gave $10000.00 total as gift for divorce and my income was less than $25000.00
how much do i pay to taxes. I have been to barnes and noble and am looking into computer programs to do this sort of stuff.
can you point me in right direction. After divorce i will get job i am architect and husband is well
lets not say.
i love to work and help people who are helpable.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
6/1/2009
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Gift tax is imposed on the person transferring property rather then on the recipients. You will not have to pay any federal taxes on the $10,000 gift.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Iam trying to fill out net worth statement
weekly deductions :
federal tax
local tax
new york state tax
etc.
my husband does not file legit taxes and his accountant advised us not to continue the way he was going
i will not sign stuff that is not legit... any way he has not given me info for last two years.
or changes info. makes stuff up.
i do not want to put him in jail or tear down the business so i am giving it to him and get out legally.
we do not have to be slaves in america

What are the reasons for the new worth statement?
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent