How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am on medicare disability and receive $740.48 a month i have

Customer Question

i am on medicare disability and receive $740.48 a month i have moved in with my parents since jan 21 2009 and am going through divorce.
Since i have no money to pay for lawyer i am try to do it in the least way possible that will cause stalling time hence giving up alot to move forward,
if my dad gave $10000.00 total as gift for divorce and my income was less than $25000.00
how much do i pay to taxes. I have been to barnes and noble and am looking into computer programs to do this sort of stuff.
can you point me in right direction. After divorce i will get job i am architect and husband is well
lets not say.
i love to work and help people who are helpable.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Gift tax is imposed on the person transferring property rather then on the recipients. You will not have to pay any federal taxes on the $10,000 gift.
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Iam trying to fill out net worth statement
weekly deductions :
federal tax
local tax
new york state tax
my husband does not file legit taxes and his accountant advised us not to continue the way he was going
i will not sign stuff that is not legit... any way he has not given me info for last two years.
or changes info. makes stuff up.
i do not want to put him in jail or tear down the business so i am giving it to him and get out legally.
we do not have to be slaves in america

Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
What are the reasons for the new worth statement?