Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I live in Texas and work in Oklahoma, do I have to pay Oklahoma

Customer Question
state income tax?...
If I live in Texas and work in Oklahoma, do I have to pay Oklahoma state income tax?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
5/13/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Hello ACE,

Yes, you will be liable for state tax in OK. You are liable for state taxes in the state where you reside and in any state where you have earned income.

Normally the way it works is that your resident state gives you credit for any state tax you pay to the state where you are employed. In your case, since your resident state is TX and TX has no income tax, there is no credit for you to receive. So you just end up paying tax to OK.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you ACE.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant