How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I live in Texas and work in Oklahoma, do I have to pay Oklahoma

Resolved Question:

If I live in Texas and work in Oklahoma, do I have to pay Oklahoma state income tax?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello ACE,

Yes, you will be liable for state tax in OK. You are liable for state taxes in the state where you reside and in any state where you have earned income.

Normally the way it works is that your resident state gives you credit for any state tax you pay to the state where you are employed. In your case, since your resident state is TX and TX has no income tax, there is no credit for you to receive. So you just end up paying tax to OK.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you ACE.

Merlo and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you